Hey drivers, since--on average--you have a claim once every 7 years, how do you know a good shop to take your vehicle to for repair?
How SceneExchange Works for You
If your insurance company offers SceneExchange as an option, you can select SceneExchange as the way to handle your repair claim. What does this mean?
- Everything is handled online
- The shops that are interested in doing the repair come to you. You can look online instead of having to run around town trying to get 3 estimates.
- You can read ratings and reviews of the shops submitting proposals on your job
- You get to pick the shop you want--no pressure
- You can track the progress of your repair online
- Support is available through live chat, online tutorials or via email
- The cost of repairing your vehicle is set, so each shop (and you) knows the costs upfront
Here is an overview of the information you can find out about the shops in SceneExchange
You have the ability to select a shop based on the following data:
- Feedback from other vehicle owners
- Accuracy rating
- Start and end date of the repair
This way you have an easy, side-by-side comparison of each shop.
How it works
Once the insurance company submits your claim, you will be contacted by an independent appraiser who will inspect your vehicle and write a report of the damages. Then shops in your geographic area are notified of your repair. Shops will submit proposals and you get to make your shop selection for the repair. After your vehicle is repaired, you have the chance to leave feedback about the shop and repair to help other vehicle owners in the future.
It's very straightforward--and we think it really makes the process easier.